Whether you are owed Jones Act Workers Compensation, Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation, or you need help with theDefense Base Act, here are a few facts and reasons that you should hire an experienced attorney to help you get the money you deserve.
1. Between the years 2011 and 2012, OWCP found the national average weekly wage to be 647.60 dollars. One of the things that Jones Act Workers Compensation does is make sure that those who have been hurt have the ability to continue to pay their bills as though they were still making their average weekly salary.
2. One aspect of the DBA that makes it “claimant friendly” is how it treats the fees that are owed to Defense base act attorneys. This means that you will be able to hire an attorney to help you without going bankrupt in the process.
3. The Defense Base Act, or the DBA, is an extension of the federal workers compensation program that covers longshoremen and harbor workers and the more specific injuries that they can receive.
4. Benefits for the Longshore and harbor workers compensation act, or the LHWCA, are paid directly by an authorized self insured employer. Because of this, hiring an attorney who excels in and has experience with Longshore Workers compensation is one of the best ways to get the money that you deserve.
5. The Longshore Compensation Act handles an astounding 27,000 cases annually. They represent maritime workers and various other special classes of private industry employees who have been disabled or killed by employment injuries or occupational diseases who would otherwise not be covered under ordinary workers compensation laws and allowances.